On Friday, April 1, Teresa Fitzsimmons and Kimberly Pero hosted Oceana’s first Florida event at their home in Wilton Manors. The private cocktail reception and silent auction raised $12,000 for Oceana.
The event was well-attended by a large cross-section of south Florida, including local business owners, politicians, advocates, and socialites. While Oceana is new to south Florida, we have been working to protect Florida’s waters for a decade. And for all you Floridians, we’re planning to host another event in Fort Lauderdale in early 2012, so stay tuned for that.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014