On Friday, April 1, Teresa Fitzsimmons and Kimberly Pero hosted Oceana’s first Florida event at their home in Wilton Manors. The private cocktail reception and silent auction raised $12,000 for Oceana.
The event was well-attended by a large cross-section of south Florida, including local business owners, politicians, advocates, and socialites. While Oceana is new to south Florida, we have been working to protect Florida’s waters for a decade. And for all you Floridians, we’re planning to host another event in Fort Lauderdale in early 2012, so stay tuned for that.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014