On Friday, April 1, Teresa Fitzsimmons and Kimberly Pero hosted Oceana’s first Florida event at their home in Wilton Manors. The private cocktail reception and silent auction raised $12,000 for Oceana.
The event was well-attended by a large cross-section of south Florida, including local business owners, politicians, advocates, and socialites. While Oceana is new to south Florida, we have been working to protect Florida’s waters for a decade. And for all you Floridians, we’re planning to host another event in Fort Lauderdale in early 2012, so stay tuned for that.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014