In Al Gore’s “Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis”, published in November 2009, the former Vice President describes the changes we need to make in technology, business and politics to avert climate catastrophe.
This week, the book got a dramatic digital makeover through the Our Choice App, essentially the first full-length interactive book for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The new app allows you to scroll through all nineteen chapters, zoom into any page, and pick up and pop open any item, including more than 250 photos and 30 interactive infographics and animations.
Anything that makes climate change more visually – and tangibly -- accessible is a great thing in our book (no pun intended.)
Watch the mesmerizing demo below and download it at the iTunes store.
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014