For the third year in a row, Oceana has received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, the largest independent evaluator of charities in the U.S., which recently updated their charity ratings.
Our 4-star rating is due to our outstanding organizational efficiency ratings. In other words, we put your money to work.
According to Charity Navigator CEO Ken Berger, "only 13% of the 5,500 charities we rate have received at least 3 consecutive 4-star evaluations, indicating that Oceana consistently executes its mission in a fiscally responsible way, and outperforms most other charities in America." He also stated that the designation "differentiates Oceana from its peers and demonstrates to the public it is worthy of their trust".
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Wasted Catch Posted Mon, September 1, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014