On August 7, it was a great privilege to be joined by some very outgoing and incredible conservationists who raced in the Nautica New York City triathlon and raised money for Oceana. In total, the team has raised over $7,300 for Oceana and there’s still a couple weeks of fundraising left if any of you want to support the team.
For my part, I swam on a relay team with one of my good friends from D.C. and an Oceana supporter who signed up to race with us online. You too can sign up for a relay or choose to race on your own when Team Oceana gathers in Malibu next month for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon.
I’ve done that race twice and it’s absolutely beautiful – the Pacific ocean swim, the bike ride along the Pacific Coast Highway, and the run along Zuma Beach. And, lucky for you, there’s still a few race slots remaining for the upcoming Malibu race, which is the weekend of September 17-18.
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- CEO Note: Sperm Whales Left Unprotected from Drift Gillnets Posted Sun, September 21, 2014