This weekend, Oceana was proud to welcome Academy Award nominees Josh Brolin and Diane Lane and around 400 other guests to our fourth annual SeaChange Party in Laguna Beach, California.
This year’s event raised over $900,000 to fund Oceana’s continuing ocean conservation campaigns. SeaChange was hosted by Ted Danson and Angela Kinsey, and included remarks by Brolin and Lane, who each have a long history of dedication to the oceans. “We are all here tonight out of love for our oceans, her bounty that feeds us, her beauty and her power that give us true awe,” said Lane.
Other celebrity guests in attendance included Aimee Teegarden, Jeff Goldblum, Ed Begley Jr., Q’orianka Kilcher, Oscar Nunez and Austin Stowell. The event included a sit-down dinner, presentations from Oceana directors and supporters, an auction, and dancing.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014