This weekend, Oceana was proud to welcome Academy Award nominees Josh Brolin and Diane Lane and around 400 other guests to our fourth annual SeaChange Party in Laguna Beach, California.
This year’s event raised over $900,000 to fund Oceana’s continuing ocean conservation campaigns. SeaChange was hosted by Ted Danson and Angela Kinsey, and included remarks by Brolin and Lane, who each have a long history of dedication to the oceans. “We are all here tonight out of love for our oceans, her bounty that feeds us, her beauty and her power that give us true awe,” said Lane.
Other celebrity guests in attendance included Aimee Teegarden, Jeff Goldblum, Ed Begley Jr., Q’orianka Kilcher, Oscar Nunez and Austin Stowell. The event included a sit-down dinner, presentations from Oceana directors and supporters, an auction, and dancing.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Six Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Infographic: BP to Blame for 2010 Deepwater Oil Disaster, Rules Judge Posted Tue, September 9, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sea Turtles Released after Swallowing Fish Hooks, UK Builds Massive Salt Marsh to Protect Coastline, and More Posted Mon, September 8, 2014