Exciting news from the book world! Ted Danson’s book, "Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What You Can Do to Save Them," has been selected as a finalist for the Books for a Better Life award, presented by the Southern New York Chapter of the National MS Society.
"Oceana" is a great read that tells the story of how Ted became an ocean activist, his passion for more than 20 years. The book is also chock full of gorgeous photos, helpful infographics, and Ted’s own description of the state of the oceans, as well as Oceana's work to save them.
The Books for a Better Life award, now in its sixteenth year, raises funds to support services and educational programs for people living with MS. The awards recognize self-improvement authors in ten categories who inspire people to live their best lives. "Oceana" is a finalist in the Green category. You can purchase the book here (also available in Kindle format).
Winners will be announced on March 7, so keep your fingers crossed for Ted and we'll let you know if "Oceana" wins!
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014