Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and while we love turkey and pumpkin pie as much as the next guy, this year we're also doing something special to give thanks for the oceans -- and we want you to join us!
Here’s how: Starting today and all month long, we’ll be sharing some of the reasons we’re grateful for the oceans over on our Twitter page using the hashtag #oceangiving. Follow us, add your own reasons to the list, and see what other ocean lovers have to say.
But wait, there’s more -- You can take it one step further and sign up with HelpAttack! to donate a little bit every time someone tweets with #oceangiving – no Twitter account needed. You can share your pledge to inspire your friends to join you in supporting the oceans. Ten or 20 cents may not seem like a lot, but every bit adds up and will help us keep working to protect everything you love about the oceans.
Thanks to you, and a big thanks to the oceans we all love!
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014