Today beauty company La Mer is launching an exciting initiative to support Oceana, but we need your help to make it happen.
For every new 'like' on La Mer's Facebook page between now and World Oceans Day on June 8th, they will donate $5 to Oceana until they reach their goal of $30,000. What's not to like about that?
La Mer relies on sea kelp's restorative properties to make their skin products. The World Oceans Day campaign for 2012 emphasizes the future of ocean conservation. Marine life has a lot to offer that we haven’t discovered yet, so it’s important that we protect ocean habitats for future study.
Since 2005, La Mer has worked with Oceana to protect the world's oceans and the kelp forests that they use to make their products. They have created a special limited edition version of their famous creme to commemorate World Oceans Day, the proceeds from which will help our campaign to protect ocean habitats.
On their site you can check out an interactive presentation about the world’s oceans and some of our global initiatives.
Thanks, La Mer! We like you. (And all you readers should, too!)
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014