Blue Growth is a European strategy to drive the economy in the marine and maritime sector—through practices like deep sea mining, aquaculture, and more—but Oceana in Europe is advocating for the importance of long-term protection for marine ecosystems as a mean to instill sustainable economies and profitable fisheries in the long run. This article originally appeared on Oceana in Europe’s blog.
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014