Happy Friday, all!
We just wanted to remind you about the The Economist's fast-approaching World Oceans Summit where 200 global leaders, including our CEO Andy Sharpless, will discuss the future of our oceans.
The summit, which takes place in Singapore from Feb. 22-24, will offer a robust examination of the future of the seas, the importance of the sustainable use of the oceans, and what this means for business.
Featured speakers include:
- Robert Zoellick, President, World Bank (Keynote speaker)
- John Micklethwait, Editor-in-chief, The Economist; and Chairman, World Oceans Summit
- Anote Tong, President, Republic of Kiribati
- Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister, Government of Singapore
- Andrew Sharpless, Chief Executive Officer, Oceana
- David Miliband, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom
- Sylvia Earle, Explorer-in-residence, National Geographic Society
- Philippe Lacamp, Head of Sustainable Development, John Swire & Sons (H.K.)
- Tim Smith, Chief Executive Officer, North Asia, Maersk Line
- Malcolm Preston, Global Head of Sustainability and Climate Change, Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Abyd Karmali, Global Head of Carbon Marks, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
There are only a handful of seats left, and as an Oceana supporter, you are entitled to a special 20% discount off the standard ticket price – simply enter the code OCEANA to enjoy the special rate.