Blog Tags: Arrow Crab
These nocturnal crabs resemble underwater daddy long-legs, with purple-tipped limbs up to three times the length of their abdomens. Despite their gangly appearance, they are surprisingly agile.
This feasting crustacean was captured on film on our oil spill research expedition off the coast of Panama City, Florida.
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014