Blog Tags: Arrow Crab
These nocturnal crabs resemble underwater daddy long-legs, with purple-tipped limbs up to three times the length of their abdomens. Despite their gangly appearance, they are surprisingly agile.
This feasting crustacean was captured on film on our oil spill research expedition off the coast of Panama City, Florida.
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014