Blog Tags: Auctions
Last week, international art collectors, philanthropists, celebrities and designers convened for the third year in a row for Christie’s Green Auction.
Last year, the evening's festivities raised a record-breaking $2.4 million for four of the world's leading, science-based environmental nonprofits: Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council, Central Park Conservancy and Conservation International.
The Green Auction’s companion online auction, powered by charitybuzz, will continue through Thursday, and includes a day with President Bill Clinton, a 13-day safari in Kenya and a volleyball lesson with Gabby Reece.
And if you can’t afford to bid on a safari or celeb experience, you can also text GREEN to 80888 to donate $10.
A huge thanks to everyone who has helped make this year’s auction a success!
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014