Blog Tags: Backstroke
Five-time Olympic gold medalist and Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol has announced that he has retired from competitive swimming.
27-year-old Peirsol is regarded by many as the best backstroker of all time, with world records in the 100- and 200-meter backstroke.
And he’s made a big splash in the ocean conservation community too, with his Race for the Oceans, whose proceeds have gone towards Oceana’s work to protect the oceans.
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- Bycatch Spotlight: One of the Biggest Issues Facing Sharks Today Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014