Blog Tags: Backstroke
Five-time Olympic gold medalist and Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol has announced that he has retired from competitive swimming.
27-year-old Peirsol is regarded by many as the best backstroker of all time, with world records in the 100- and 200-meter backstroke.
And he’s made a big splash in the ocean conservation community too, with his Race for the Oceans, whose proceeds have gone towards Oceana’s work to protect the oceans.
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014