Blog Tags: Benefit
Tomorrow Christie’s International Auction House will host a Post War and Contemporary Arts evening sale, featuring Yves Klein’s FC 1, which is being sold on behalf of an anonymous collector. FC 1 is expected to achieve a record-breaking final sale price, a portion of which will be donated to Oceana.
FC 1 is the most important work by Yves Klein ever to be offered at auction, and is considered to be one of the most important Post War European works of art. The piece has been featured prominently at the Guggenheim Museum in New York and the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington DC.
We’re so thankful to our friends at Christie’s for their continued support. Christie’s has put together a great website, including a tab about Oceana and a video about the making of the piece:
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- CEO NOTE: Chilean Oil Spill Harms Local Wildlife, Fishing Communities Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Federal Government Takes Steps to Better Monitor Bycatch in Southeast and Gulf Fisheries Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Meet the Eerie Stargazer, Wolf-Fish, and Polka Dot Batfish: The Halloween Creature Feature Edition Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014