Blog Tags: Blue Growth
Blue Growth is a European strategy to drive the economy in the marine and maritime sector—through practices like deep sea mining, aquaculture, and more—but Oceana in Europe is advocating for the importance of long-term protection for marine ecosystems as a mean to instill sustainable economies and profitable fisheries in the long run. This article originally appeared on Oceana in Europe’s blog.
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- In Honor of Sea Otter Awareness Week, Ten Fun Facts about Sea Otters Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Polar Bears Turning to Snow Geese for Food, Arctic Sea Ice Found to Absorb CO2, and More Posted Tue, September 23, 2014