Blog Tags: Celebrities
As I mentioned in last Friday’s Scanner, Oceana board member Ted Danson will be live on CNN.com on April 1 in a 30-minute interview about the oceans.
Send in your burning questions and the actor and longtime ocean activist will answer them during the show.
Also, Mr. Danson was the subject of a long profile by Frank Bruni in the New York Times this weekend.
The article points out what many Oceanans know well: he may play egotistical roles on TV, but he is quite the opposite in person.
I was particularly amused by the end of the article:
Just before lunch, during a meeting with his editor at Rodale, he spoke in an animated voice and expansive style, saying that he had a biblical, grandiloquent notion for the cover of his save-the-oceans book, scheduled for publication in April 2011. The cover could show him in a Jesus-evocative pose atop the ocean’s surface, with the words: “Danson on Water.”
No sooner had he uttered that phrase than he took it back, desperate to clarify that he was joking — that he would never really consider something so, well, vain.
While delegates from around the world voted against bluefin's future today, "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier was working to get the message out to protect them.
Grenier is traveling with Oceana to swim with the massive fish and record a PSA, and today GQ got a few images prior to the dive. Via GQ's twitter feed, here's a sneak peek photo.
Stay tuned for more in the days and weeks to come.
I’d like to give you a sneak peak at the first international green charity auction to be held on the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, April 22, 2010.
Christie’s International has invited four leading nonprofits to be the beneficiaries of its first charity auction for conservation: Oceana, Conservation International, the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Central Park Conservancy. Between us, we work on all seven continents – and, of course, the oceans in between.
A Bid to Save The Earth will include a live auction at Christie’s New York City space in Rockefeller Center as well as a silent auction conducted online at Charity Buzz. Every item up for bid is donated, and Christie’s is waiving all its usual fees to allow the maximum impact for the beneficiaries.
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014