Blog Tags: Conservation Charities
You could say we’re a straight-A student.
Charity Navigator, the largest charity evaluator in America, has launched an expanded rating system, and Oceana once again scored the highest marks.
In addition to receiving a four-star rating for our financial performance evaluation, Oceana has now received a 4-star rating on Accountability and Transparency. The new rating system allows donors to determine which charities have the “best practices that minimize the chance of unethical activities and that freely share basic information about the organization with donors and other stakeholders.”
In addition to the endorsement from the Charity Navigator, Oceana has also been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as a charity that meets all 20 standards for Charity Accountability. This endorsement is a formal recognition that Oceana has undergone a detailed review process and meets the highest operational, financial and ethical standards for charity accountability.
So as you and your loved ones plan your end-of-year giving, keep Oceana in mind. You’ll be able to rest assured knowing your dollars are doing good for the oceans.
And if you don’t want to wait until the end of the year – go ahead and donate now. Thanks for all your support!
- CEO Note: Wyss Foundation Paves the Way for Oceana to Rebuild Fisheries in Peru, Canada Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Sea Turtle Nesting in Florida Sees Steady Increase, 2014 Could Be Hottest on Record, and More Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- New Shark Repellent May Keep Sharks from Becoming Bycatch Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Photos: Three Days Swimming around the Hawaiian Na Pali Coast Posted Fri, October 24, 2014