Blog Tags: Creativity
Okay, ocean lovers, it’s time to put your creativity caps on. We could win $10,000, but we need your help. Here’s the challenge, from the CTK Foundation’s Heart and Soul Grant Competition:
“Write an original poem or stanza that reflects the work or mission of your non-profit.”
The first place winner will receive $10,000 and will have their submission turned into a song to be used in public education or awareness.
We’re asking you to submit an original four-to-eight-line poem that reflects the work and/or mission of Oceana. If you are new to the organization, look around our website, especially at the About Us and Our Work sections. You can submit your creations in the comments section here, or via email, at [email protected]. We'll highlight the poem we pick here on the blog and Facebook.
Here’s a (really corny) example to get your creative juices flowing:
Our seas are sick, so here’s the deal
We work together to help them heal.
Oceana knows how to get things done
In our book, oceans are number one.
Around the world, we’re making strides
Because believe it or not, we can turn the tides.
Inspired yet? Send us your best verses by next Monday, March 28th, and thank you as always for your support and enthusiasm!
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Amazing Fall Migrations Underway in the Oceans Right Now Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Captures First-Ever Images of Seamounts North of Canary Islands Posted Mon, September 22, 2014