Blog Tags: Deep-sea Fishing
In a remarkable effort to protect its waters, the Portuguese government issued a decree prohibiting deep-sea fishing in an area spanning 2,280,000 square kilometers. Even though the decree exempts longlining, which is authorized under certain conditions, it is an immensely significant step in protecting deep-sea species and ecosystems.
- Dusky’s Big Adventure, Day 4: Dusky Creates “Dusky’s Bucket List” to Save His Species Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- CEO Note: Progress for Sharks Posted Fri, August 15, 2014
- Photos: Oceana’s Balearic Expedition Confirms Need for Expanded Marine Protected Areas Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- Video: Meet Some of the Most Famous Satellite Tagged Sharks Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014