Blog Tags: Elite Models
Utah isn’t exactly synonymous with ocean conservation. Or so you thought.
On Tuesday, World Oceans Day, I represented Oceana at Ride the Wave, a skateboarding event in Salt Lake City hosted by Utah native supermodel Ali Stephens and her mother Julie Stephens (pictured here towering over me.) T-shirts designed for the event were sold for Oceana’s benefit.
As the sun set over the mountains surrounding the city, several bands played while professional skateboarders ollied, grinded and kickflipped to the audience’s delight. (Yes, I may have just googled “skateboarding terminology.”)
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014