Blog Tags: Fda Mercury Advice
Be one of the first people to sign our new Facebook petition to protect kids from mercury in fish at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club!
And increase your impact and win prizes by inviting your friends to sign. The 3 people who recruit the most friends to sign by Monday, November 30 will win!
More About The Petition:
Oceana is asking Walmart and its subsidiary Sam's Club to post the Food and Drug Administration's mercury advice at their seafood displays.
While news stories about food recalls rip through the headlines at light speed, many families remain unaware of the ongoing risk of mercury in seafood. Because mercury can harm a young child or unborn baby's developing nervous system, the FDA has issued advice for women of child-bearing age and children to avoid or limit their consumption of certain fish that are contaminated with elevated levels of mercury.
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013
- Creature Feature: Atlantic Puffin Posted Fri, December 6, 2013
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013