Blog Tags: Fort Lauderdale Mayor
Oceana’s Gulf of Mexico Expedition launch event, which took place aboard the Oceana Latitude in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, was a huge success.
The event brought together more than 75 guests, including local politicians, members of the media, scientific community and business leaders. Among the special guests were Spanish model Almudena Fernandez and Fort Lauderdale Mayor John P. “Jack” Seiler (pictured here with Oceana’s Mike Hirshfield).
Stay tuned for more updates from the boat as it heads into the gulf!
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Conservation Groups Plan Lawsuit to Protect Sperm Whales Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014