Blog Tags: Foul Four
Here at Oceana, we’ve been fighting to reduce mercury use and pollution across the United States.
We’re working to ensure the passage of the Mercury Pollution Reduction Act, which would eliminate mercury use by some of the dirtiest chemical plants in the country, while boosting local economies through job creation and job-loss prevention.
95% of the Chlor-Alkali manufacturing plants in the U.S. are mercury free -- only four remain that use outdated mercury based production techniques. It is time for these last four plants to clean up their act. This bill would force them to do just that.
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Video: Watch Dozens of Baby Loggerhead Sea Turtles Scurry to the Ocean Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Photos: Meet the Ocean Animals with the Wildest Teeth Posted Thu, July 31, 2014