Blog Tags: Fundraiser
Last semester (for those of you who still think in those terms), I started working with a young and dedicated oceans advocate at Connecticut College. Check out her story below:
Hi! My name is Olivia and I’m a sophomore at Connecticut College. I’m from Newport Beach, California and was fortunate enough to be introduced to the remarkable work that Oceana does to protect our oceans.
I was so shocked by how little I knew about the devastating statistics and lack of governmental enforcement to protect the sea creatures that are very close to extinction, so I felt a need to find a way to participate. After volunteering for their Sea Change event in Laguna Beach, I contacted a member of Oceana about starting a college branch. I was the first student to approach them with this idea and they were very excited to get started!
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014