Blog Tags: Geoff Shester
The Oceana-sponsored World Oceans Day celebration at the renowned California Academy of Sciences was a resounding success. Oceana's presence captivated event attendees.
We displayed Oceana's images of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and gathered several hundred petition signatures supporting a ban on new oil and natural gas drilling in US waters.
Attendees also enjoyed winning Oceana apparel via a question and answer challenge, testing their knowledge of the risks of new drilling operations off California's coast and implications to our coastal resources and economy if a spill were to occur.
"Californians made their message loud and clear tonight," said Dr. Geoff Shester, Oceana's California Program Director. "The US government must take action now to make sure we never allow the tragedy of the Gulf spill to ever happen again."
- Meet the Eerie Stargazer, Wolf-Fish, and Polka Dot Batfish: The Halloween Creature Feature Edition Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Nations Fail to Reach Agreement on Antarctic Marine Reserve, Norway Planning Large Whale Meat Shipment, and More Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Photos: These Sea Creatures Celebrate Halloween All Year with Their Spooky Names Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Karmenu Vella Becomes New European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014