Blog Tags: Geoff Shester
The Oceana-sponsored World Oceans Day celebration at the renowned California Academy of Sciences was a resounding success. Oceana's presence captivated event attendees.
We displayed Oceana's images of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill and gathered several hundred petition signatures supporting a ban on new oil and natural gas drilling in US waters.
Attendees also enjoyed winning Oceana apparel via a question and answer challenge, testing their knowledge of the risks of new drilling operations off California's coast and implications to our coastal resources and economy if a spill were to occur.
"Californians made their message loud and clear tonight," said Dr. Geoff Shester, Oceana's California Program Director. "The US government must take action now to make sure we never allow the tragedy of the Gulf spill to ever happen again."
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014