Blog Tags: Germany
We all knew cephalopods were smart. But who knew they were psychic? Paul the octopus has gained worldwide fame for his 100% accuracy in predicting Germany's 2010 World Cup matches.
Paul, who lives in the Sea Life Aquarium in Oberhausen, Germany, correctly foresaw the winner of each of Germany’s 2010 World Cup games, even when Germany lost to both Serbia and Spain. So far, during his entire career as the octopus oracle, Paul has only incorrectly predicted one game. (In 2008, Paul incorrectly chose Germany to beat Spain in the UEFA European Football Championship finals.)
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014