Blog Tags: Hermit Crab
Hermit crabs are crustaceans but unlike their relatives, they do not have a hard bodies - they are the couch potatoes of the crab world. In order to protect their tender asymmetrical middles, hermit crabs live in discard shells, moving to larger abodes as they grow.
This particular hermit was captured on film in Egmont Key.
- Coast Guard Report Raises More Questions for Shell and Government Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014