Blog Tags: Jeff Mr. Fish Sandler
This is the first in a series of posts about the 2009 Ocean Heroes Finalists.
Since our second annual Ocean Heroes Contest recently opened for nominations, I thought it would be nice to look back and see what our 2009 Ocean Heroes finalists are up to -- and maybe it'll give you all some inspiration to nominate someone you know.
Just as I expected, they are all busy as ever doing their part to save the oceans. Today, we’ll catch up with Jeff “Mr. Fish” Sandler:
Since the Ocean Heroes contest lots has been going on. I was asked to speak to the 5th grades at the local elementary school on what it takes to be an Ocean Hero. I told them that anyone can be an ocean hero -- what it takes is to identify a way that you are comfortable being helpful, and then taking action to try and make it happen.
I also pointed out that it doesn't have to be a grand undertaking, for if enough people take action in even a small way, that can still make a powerful difference.
Since the contest, my wife Deb as "Mrs. Fish" and I as "Mr. Fish" have continued to travel to elementary schools putting on educational shows that teach about the ocean and address environmental issues. We have performed these shows in 7 states this past year and have added ocean acidification as a new emphasis.
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Poll Update: Great White Sharks Win as the Fan Favorite (Photos) Posted Fri, August 15, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- CEO Note: Progress for Sharks Posted Fri, August 15, 2014