Blog Tags: Jellyfish Swarms
In recent years, record numbers of barrel jellyfish have swarmed UK waters by the billions. These jellyfish are massive—stretching nearly 3 feet wide with tentacles that can extend for 6 feet. But in a recently released video, a diver off the coast of UK waters swam next to what may be one of the biggest barrel jellyfish ever spotted, according to The Telegraph.
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014