Blog Tags: Jellyfish Swarms
In recent years, record numbers of barrel jellyfish have swarmed UK waters by the billions. These jellyfish are massive—stretching nearly 3 feet wide with tentacles that can extend for 6 feet. But in a recently released video, a diver off the coast of UK waters swam next to what may be one of the biggest barrel jellyfish ever spotted, according to The Telegraph.
- Ocean Roundup: Federal Agencies Called Out on Ocean Acidification Inaction, Steller Sea Lions May Have a New Predator, and More Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Oceana Magazine, Dr. Pauly Column: How Do We Know How Many Fish There Are in The Sea? Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- Bird Casualties from BP’s Gulf Spill Much Higher than Original Estimates Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- On World Food Day, A Look at Six of The Most Commonly Mislabeled Seafood Options Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014