Blog Tags: Jellyfish Swarms
In recent years, record numbers of barrel jellyfish have swarmed UK waters by the billions. These jellyfish are massive—stretching nearly 3 feet wide with tentacles that can extend for 6 feet. But in a recently released video, a diver off the coast of UK waters swam next to what may be one of the biggest barrel jellyfish ever spotted, according to The Telegraph.
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Arctic Sea Ice Found to Play Bigger Role in Global Carbon Cycle Than Assumed, Study Says Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014