Blog Tags: L.A. Oil Spill
On Thursday morning, a broken oil pipe spewed 50,000 gallons of oil in the streets of the Los Angeles suburb of Atwater Village. In some areas, the oil was reported to be knee-deep. The break occurred at a pumping station, where footage shows that oil sprayed 20 feet into the air, causing local businesses to be evacuated.
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014