Blog Tags: L.A. Oil Spill
On Thursday morning, a broken oil pipe spewed 50,000 gallons of oil in the streets of the Los Angeles suburb of Atwater Village. In some areas, the oil was reported to be knee-deep. The break occurred at a pumping station, where footage shows that oil sprayed 20 feet into the air, causing local businesses to be evacuated.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014