Blog Tags: Launch
Oceana’s Gulf of Mexico Expedition launch event, which took place aboard the Oceana Latitude in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, was a huge success.
The event brought together more than 75 guests, including local politicians, members of the media, scientific community and business leaders. Among the special guests were Spanish model Almudena Fernandez and Fort Lauderdale Mayor John P. “Jack” Seiler (pictured here with Oceana’s Mike Hirshfield).
Stay tuned for more updates from the boat as it heads into the gulf!
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014