Blog Tags: Live Your Best Life
Some might say Oprah walks on water. Soon, she and thousands of others (like you!) will walk for the water.
We’re proud to announce that Oceana is one of 10 non-profit organizations chosen to be a beneficiary of O, The Oprah Magazine’s “Live Your Best Life” Walk on Sunday May 9, 2010 in New York City.
The walk will be the culmination of a 3-day event celebrating O’s tenth anniversary. Leading up to the walk, 6,000 attendees will enjoy celebratory events including a welcome reception and an evening with Oprah Winfrey at Radio City Music Hall. Thousands more will join the Walk with Oprah on Sunday May 9th.
Top overall fundraisers will have the chance to walk with Oprah or have their name featured in an upcoming issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
Sound pretty cool to you? If you want to walk for the oceans, too, go to http://www.oprah.com/walk to get involved.
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014