Blog Tags: Martin Stepanek
On Friday, April 1, Teresa Fitzsimmons and Kimberly Pero hosted Oceana’s first Florida event at their home in Wilton Manors. The private cocktail reception and silent auction raised $12,000 for Oceana.
The event was well-attended by a large cross-section of south Florida, including local business owners, politicians, advocates, and socialites. While Oceana is new to south Florida, we have been working to protect Florida’s waters for a decade. And for all you Floridians, we’re planning to host another event in Fort Lauderdale in early 2012, so stay tuned for that.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Frequenting New York City Waters, Oceans House Over 5 Trillion Plastic Pieces, and More Posted Thu, December 11, 2014
- Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Gain New Protections Posted Mon, December 15, 2014