Blog Tags: Moby
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, Discovery’s Planet Green has announced 16 visionaries -- people with big ideas that are shaping our world. Joining the likes of Moby, Philippe Cousteau and Stephen Dubner on the list is our very own CEO, Andy Sharpless.
Here’s an excerpt of Planet Green’s interview with Andy:
What accomplishment of the environmental movement over the past 40 years stands out to you?
I remember the first Earth Day. I was a student in Philadelphia and I went to an Earth Day concert where I was in high school. It is absolutely the case in the 40 years since then, environmental legislation in the US -- pushed through by the environmental movement and its many supporters both in Congress and out in families of America -- cleaned up the air and cleaned up the water in meaningful ways especially in American cities like the one I grew up in. The air is safer to breath and the rivers and the lakes are cleaner for the people who use them, and swim in them, boat on them, and fish out of them and for the creatures that live in them.
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014