Blog Tags: Obama Ocean Policy
Last June, we cheered when President Obama created an Ocean Policy Task Force to develop the first ever national policy for our oceans, coasts and Great Lakes. From August through November the Task Force hosted six public hearings around the nation to gather public input.
The Task Force's final report to the President should be submitted near the end of this month, and to make our voices heard, a group of ocean conservation organizations has organized Wear Blue day next Wednesday, Jan. 13.
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014