Blog Tags: Obama Ocean Policy
Last June, we cheered when President Obama created an Ocean Policy Task Force to develop the first ever national policy for our oceans, coasts and Great Lakes. From August through November the Task Force hosted six public hearings around the nation to gather public input.
The Task Force's final report to the President should be submitted near the end of this month, and to make our voices heard, a group of ocean conservation organizations has organized Wear Blue day next Wednesday, Jan. 13.
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014