Blog Tags: Obama Ocean Policy
Last June, we cheered when President Obama created an Ocean Policy Task Force to develop the first ever national policy for our oceans, coasts and Great Lakes. From August through November the Task Force hosted six public hearings around the nation to gather public input.
The Task Force's final report to the President should be submitted near the end of this month, and to make our voices heard, a group of ocean conservation organizations has organized Wear Blue day next Wednesday, Jan. 13.
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014