Blog Tags: Ocean Debris
We received an e-mail this morning from our friend J. Nichols:
"Dude, I just totally trashed the Oceana website: You can see the mess here: http://bit.ly/9nTUhz"
Very funny, J -- and Happy April Fool’s Day.
It may be a fun prank from Heal the Bay, but plastic pollution in the oceans is no joke. Our oceans are drowning in debris and plastic bags are a major culprit. Cities and countries around the world have banned or placed fees on plastic bags, but more needs to be done.
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Video: Watch Dozens of Baby Loggerhead Sea Turtles Scurry to the Ocean Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014