Blog Tags: Oprah
Some might say Oprah walks on water. Soon, she and thousands of others (like you!) will walk for the water.
We’re proud to announce that Oceana is one of 10 non-profit organizations chosen to be a beneficiary of O, The Oprah Magazine’s “Live Your Best Life” Walk on Sunday May 9, 2010 in New York City.
The walk will be the culmination of a 3-day event celebrating O’s tenth anniversary. Leading up to the walk, 6,000 attendees will enjoy celebratory events including a welcome reception and an evening with Oprah Winfrey at Radio City Music Hall. Thousands more will join the Walk with Oprah on Sunday May 9th.
Top overall fundraisers will have the chance to walk with Oprah or have their name featured in an upcoming issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
Sound pretty cool to you? If you want to walk for the oceans, too, go to http://www.oprah.com/walk to get involved.
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014