Blog Tags: Outside Magazine
This week, we celebrate Thanksgiving in the United States. It’s a time to appreciate and reflect upon the good tidings of the past year.
We’ve had a great year at Oceana, with numerous policy achievements accomplished for the oceans around the world. I’d like to take a moment to express my thanks for some of our more recent news.
- The two-year anniversary of our office in Belize was Nov. 15. In that short time, our Belizean colleagues have accomplished several historic ocean victories, from banning trawling in the country’s waters to protecting local fishermen from industrial fishing fleets from other countries.
- We continue to win victories for sharks around the world. This week, Florida approved a new rule that fully protects tiger and hammerhead sharks.
- Outside Magazine named Oceana as one of 30 nonprofits who deserve your dollars in what they call “The Year of Giving Adventurously.”
Lastly, of course, I am thankful for all the individuals, foundations and companies who have continued to support Oceana over the years. You have made it possible for us to secure meaningful, positive changes for the oceans. Thank you.
Outside Magazine’s December issue is out, and they have a feature on “The Year of Giving Adventurously” – guess who’s included?
The editors selected the 30 best organizations to give to this holiday season —“smartly managed groups with transparent financials, efficient spending, and track records of on-the-ground success.”
- Drill, Spill, Repeat? Posted Mon, April 21, 2014
- Wind Power: Changing the Way We Live off the Earth Posted Tue, April 22, 2014
- CEO Note: NYC Event Honors Michael Bloomberg Posted Wed, April 23, 2014
- CEO Note: Four Years After the BP Gulf Disaster Posted Mon, April 21, 2014