Blog Tags: Pet Hair
As evidenced by all the comments and e-mails we’ve been getting the last few weeks, it’s clear that you all want to know how to help respond to the Gulf oil spill. And a big thanks to everyone who has already taken action with us!
Here’s an update on what you can do, whether you are in the Gulf region or not:
What you can do on the ground in the Gulf:
- Register through OilSpillVolunteers.com to volunteer or join a cleanup organization.
- The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is accepting volunteers. Register on their website.
- The Mobile Baykeeper is asking for volunteers. Call 251-433-4229.
- The Audubon Society is looking for help. You can report oiled wildlife at 1-866-557-1401. To report areas with oil ashore or to leave contact information to volunteer in the affected areas, call 1-866-448-5816.
- The BP Volunteer Hotline has set up numbers if you need to report injured wildlife or damage related to the spill. You can also request volunteer information at 866-448-5816.
What you can do from anywhere:
- Become an Oceana Oil Activist and find out about volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Sign the petition: Tell President Obama and Congress to stop new offshore drilling.
- Donate today to help us make sure another catastrophe like this doesn't happen again.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and help spread the word.
- Reduce your consumption of gasoline by driving less: use public transit, ride your bike and walk.
- Ocean Roundup: New Coral Reef Species Discovered, Seals Found to Spread Tuberculosis 6,000 Years Ago, and More Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- Bycatch Spotlight: One of the Biggest Issues Facing Sharks Today Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014