Blog Tags: Pierce Brosnan
Last Friday, more than 350 guests attended Oceana’s third annual SeaChange Summer Party in Laguna Beach, California, which raised over 1 million dollars for ocean conservation.
Jeff Bridges and Pierce Brosnan were the special guests of the evening, and other celebs in attendance included Morgan Freeman, Ted Danson, Sam Waterston, Diane Lane, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Eric Balfour and Kristin Bauer.
Bridges, who recently scored an Oscar for his role as country singer “Bad Blake” in “Crazy Heart,” gave a surprise performance. Afterwards he charmed the “Lebowski” fans in the audience by quipping, “Oceana abides.”
All in all, a fantastic night for ocean conservation.
For more on SeaChange visit www.SeaChangeSummerParty.org
Just in time for World Oceans Day, this month Malibu Magazine released its Blue Issue, which showcases high-profile ocean activists and their participation with various conservation organizations.
Among the activists are actor Pierce Brosnan, supermodel Tatjana Patitz and world-renowned architect Harry Gesner.
Gesner, who was highlighted for his support for Oceana, is known for his visionary style; his Wave House was an inspiration for the Sydney Opera House. He is also a WWII veteran and an avid surfer.
“Waiting for the wave, seeing it, paddling for it, taking it, dropping in — that’s my church, that’s where I go,” he told Malibu.
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Video: Watch Dozens of Baby Loggerhead Sea Turtles Scurry to the Ocean Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Photos: Meet the Ocean Animals with the Wildest Teeth Posted Thu, July 31, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014