Blog Tags: Pierce Brosnan
Last Friday, more than 350 guests attended Oceana’s third annual SeaChange Summer Party in Laguna Beach, California, which raised over 1 million dollars for ocean conservation.
Jeff Bridges and Pierce Brosnan were the special guests of the evening, and other celebs in attendance included Morgan Freeman, Ted Danson, Sam Waterston, Diane Lane, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Eric Balfour and Kristin Bauer.
Bridges, who recently scored an Oscar for his role as country singer “Bad Blake” in “Crazy Heart,” gave a surprise performance. Afterwards he charmed the “Lebowski” fans in the audience by quipping, “Oceana abides.”
All in all, a fantastic night for ocean conservation.
For more on SeaChange visit www.SeaChangeSummerParty.org
Just in time for World Oceans Day, this month Malibu Magazine released its Blue Issue, which showcases high-profile ocean activists and their participation with various conservation organizations.
Among the activists are actor Pierce Brosnan, supermodel Tatjana Patitz and world-renowned architect Harry Gesner.
Gesner, who was highlighted for his support for Oceana, is known for his visionary style; his Wave House was an inspiration for the Sydney Opera House. He is also a WWII veteran and an avid surfer.
“Waiting for the wave, seeing it, paddling for it, taking it, dropping in — that’s my church, that’s where I go,” he told Malibu.
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014