Blog Tags: Prizes
We’ve got Shark Week fever early this year and it is contagious! Or at least, we hope so, because we’ve got 10 official Shark Week party kits on our hands. Want to get a hold of one? It’s pretty simple.
Before noon tomorrow, Tuesday July 19, pop over to Twitter and send this tweet:
I want an official #SharkWeekPartyKit, so I'm following @Oceana and saving sharks ow.ly/5BqPl
Make sure you are following us (@Oceana) on Twitter, because that’s how I’ll be getting in touch with our lucky winners later this week. Want bonus feel good points, too? Make sure to take action to save sharks, too.
But let’s back up a second. What’s even in an official Shark Week party kit? In a cool Shark Week backpack, you'll find...
- a Shark Week tee shirt
- cookie cutter
- recipe card
- bottle opener
- bingo cards
- episode guide
- shark fact sheet
- page to collect your friends’ signatures in the fight to save sharks
Whew! Are you tired reading that? I know I got a bit winded just typing it.
As for rules, I’ll be using a random generator to pick our winners, so don’t do anything sneaky like create a million accounts to try to cheat the system. Plus, I’m only going to count one tweet per person. And sorry, international fans - this one’s just for the US tweeters.
So, tweet away (just once, remember!) and share the Shark Week fever!
Here’s a whale-only quiz just for fun -- but no prizes here -- you have to go take the real quiz.
1. Scientists use the distinctive areas of hard pale skin on Northern right whales to tell individuals apart. What are they called?
Got the winter blues? In need of intellectual stimulation, or a vacation to a tropical destination -- or both? Or are you just a proud ocean geek? Either way, it's your lucky day.
Yesterday we launched our brand new Ocean IQ Quiz, where you can use your ocean smarts to win prizes -- including a trip to Baja California.
After you take the quiz, you'll have a chance to enter the sweepstakes to win a slew of prizes. The grand prize winner will travel with ecotourism organization SEE Turtles on an exclusive eco-adventure to observe sea turtles in the wild.
And the other prizes are not too shabby either: Nintendo Wiis with a copy of the ocean exploration game Endless Ocean, plus dive watches, gift cards and rope bracelets from Nautica.
Plus, this pop quiz is open-note. You can beef up your score by utilizing our Explore section, and you can take multiple quizzes if you're one of those over-achiever types.
So go on, test your ocean IQ! I know you want to. And all the cool kids are doing it.
- CEO Note: Progress for Sharks Posted Fri, August 15, 2014
- Photos: Oceana’s Balearic Expedition Confirms Need for Expanded Marine Protected Areas Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- Video: Meet Some of the Most Famous Satellite Tagged Sharks Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014