Blog Tags: Race For Oceana
On August 7, it was a great privilege to be joined by some very outgoing and incredible conservationists who raced in the Nautica New York City triathlon and raised money for Oceana. In total, the team has raised over $7,300 for Oceana and there’s still a couple weeks of fundraising left if any of you want to support the team.
For my part, I swam on a relay team with one of my good friends from D.C. and an Oceana supporter who signed up to race with us online. You too can sign up for a relay or choose to race on your own when Team Oceana gathers in Malibu next month for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon.
I’ve done that race twice and it’s absolutely beautiful – the Pacific ocean swim, the bike ride along the Pacific Coast Highway, and the run along Zuma Beach. And, lucky for you, there’s still a few race slots remaining for the upcoming Malibu race, which is the weekend of September 17-18.
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Setback for Shark Conservation: Hammerhead Sharks Denied Protection under Endangered Species Act Posted Tue, July 15, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Oceana Urges Stakeholders to Rebuild Chile's Fisheries at International Seminar Posted Tue, July 15, 2014