Blog Tags: Rare Fin Whale Breach
Late last month, a playful fin whale gave a lucky group of spectators the experience of a lifetime as he breached from the Strait of Gibraltar, a narrow strait that connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. Fortunately, a research assistant for Conservation, Information and Research on Cetaceans (CIRCE) happened to have her camera on and ready to catch this extremely rare occurrence. The assistant caught breathtaking scenes at 0:03, 0:27, and 1:13 in the video.
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Bird Casualties from BP’s Gulf Spill Much Higher than Original Estimates Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Video: Oceana’s “Drill, Spill, Repeat” Documentary Wins Award at Sunscreen Film Fest Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Baby Sea Turtles Tracked with Tiny Tags, Canada Restricts Large Area from Commercial Fishing, and More Posted Wed, October 22, 2014