Blog Tags: Rare Fin Whale Breach
Late last month, a playful fin whale gave a lucky group of spectators the experience of a lifetime as he breached from the Strait of Gibraltar, a narrow strait that connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Mediterranean Sea. Fortunately, a research assistant for Conservation, Information and Research on Cetaceans (CIRCE) happened to have her camera on and ready to catch this extremely rare occurrence. The assistant caught breathtaking scenes at 0:03, 0:27, and 1:13 in the video.
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014