Blog Tags: Sace
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy has announced Oceana as the winner of its $10,000 contest to find a path to clean energy.
Our plan, “Vision 2020” includes pragmatic, specific recommendations for reducing oil consumption by homes and businesses, power plants, ships and light duty vehicles. The plan offers a menu of actions, with financing options, to achieve the goal of offsetting Gulf oil.
If adopted in its entirety, the plan would result in a reduction of U.S. oil consumption by 26 percent by 2020 and 74 percent by 2035, saving billions of dollars, creating new jobs and giving us more time to avert the worst effects of climate change.
Thanks to everyone who voted for us!
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) issued a challenge to the nation’s brightest minds to find a path to clean energy.
Oceana is one of three finalists that could receive $10,000 -- but only if you vote! Public voting ends at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th.
Our proposal, Oceana Vision 2020, aims to eliminate the need for offshore oil drilling and oil imports from the Persian Gulf while moving towards cleaner energy solutions.
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014