Blog Tags: San Diego
Rachel Maddow, known for her incisive take on American politics, is also, it seems, a fan of sea turtles. In a "Moment of Geek" segment from her show last week, she showed a video of 82 green sea turtle hatchlings at Sea World in San Diego. "All of the world's species of sea turtle are on the endangered list, so there being 82 new little ones in the world is sort of a big turtle-y deal." We couldn't agree more, Rachel. If that makes us geeks, then so be it.
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014