Blog Tags: Scope Of The Spill
From today’s News-Press:
As a marine science technician, Petty Officer Kelly Smith's job was to look out a window for oil, take photographs and plot coordinates on a GPS.
"The most surprising thing is always the magnitude of the spill," said Smith, who had made five previous flights to the site. "It's really remarkable how much stuff is out there. This is a huge, grand-scale thing. In some places, the oil goes on as far as the eye can see."
- Oceana Magazine, Dr. Pauly Column: How Do We Know How Many Fish There Are in The Sea? Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- Bird Casualties from BP’s Gulf Spill Much Higher than Original Estimates Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- On World Food Day, A Look at Six of The Most Commonly Mislabeled Seafood Options Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Video: Oceana’s “Drill, Spill, Repeat” Documentary Wins Award at Sunscreen Film Fest Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014