Blog Tags: Sir Thomas Moore
Last Tuesday evening, the live component of Christie’s Green Auction raised $1.4 million to benefit four environmental organizations: Oceana, Conservation International, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and The Central Park Conservancy. But it’s not quite over -- the online auction is still accepting bids until tomorrow.
The glamorous event was co-hosted by David and Susan Rockefeller, Graydon and Anna Carter and Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault. Attendees included Anna Wintour, David Rockefeller Sr., Diane Kruger, Zoe Kravitz, Alexander Wang, Sam Waterson, Ted Danson and Michael Kors, among many others.
Saturday Night Live’s Seth Meyers emceed the auction and even helped officiate amid witty repartee with Lydia Fenet, Christie’s Director of Strategic Partnerships. Top lots included a Hollywood experience during the Oscars and a day shadowing President Bill Clinton — each raised $100,000.
After the auction, models strutted down the catwalk in a fashion show that debuted exclusive items by top designers for a “Runway to Green Collection”. Pieces from the collection are available for purchase on Net-A-Porter.com, and will be available in stores this fall. The finale of the evening was a surprise performance by Nicki Minaj, who sang several numbers wearing a fittingly half-green bride of Frankenstein wig.
- CEO Note: President Obama Designates Largest Marine Reserve in the World Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- CEO Note: Introducing Lars “Lasse” Gustavsson, Oceana in Europe’s New Senior Vice President and Executive Director Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Federal Agencies Called Out on Ocean Acidification Inaction, Steller Sea Lions May Have a New Predator, and More Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Oceana Magazine, Dr. Pauly Column: How Do We Know How Many Fish There Are in The Sea? Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- Bird Casualties from BP’s Gulf Spill Much Higher than Original Estimates Posted Tue, October 21, 2014