Blog Tags: Support Oceana
On August 7, it was a great privilege to be joined by some very outgoing and incredible conservationists who raced in the Nautica New York City triathlon and raised money for Oceana. In total, the team has raised over $7,300 for Oceana and there’s still a couple weeks of fundraising left if any of you want to support the team.
For my part, I swam on a relay team with one of my good friends from D.C. and an Oceana supporter who signed up to race with us online. You too can sign up for a relay or choose to race on your own when Team Oceana gathers in Malibu next month for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon.
I’ve done that race twice and it’s absolutely beautiful – the Pacific ocean swim, the bike ride along the Pacific Coast Highway, and the run along Zuma Beach. And, lucky for you, there’s still a few race slots remaining for the upcoming Malibu race, which is the weekend of September 17-18.
- CEO Note: Arctic Drilling Held At Bay Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- Obama Admin Moves Forward to Open the Atlantic Ocean to Seismic Airgun Blasts & Drilling Posted Fri, February 28, 2014
- CEO Note: State Shark Fin Bans Protected Posted Wed, March 5, 2014
- Miranda Cosgrove Stars in New Oceana PSA to Save Dolphins Posted Wed, March 5, 2014
- The Economist’s Arctic Summit Convenes in London Posted Thu, March 6, 2014