Blog Tags: Wear Blue Campaign
Last June, we cheered when President Obama created an Ocean Policy Task Force to develop the first ever national policy for our oceans, coasts and Great Lakes. From August through November the Task Force hosted six public hearings around the nation to gather public input.
The Task Force's final report to the President should be submitted near the end of this month, and to make our voices heard, a group of ocean conservation organizations has organized Wear Blue day next Wednesday, Jan. 13.
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Impacts of Climate Change on Highly Migratory Species Prioritized in NMFS Management Plan Posted Tue, July 29, 2014