Blog Tags: Wear Blue Campaign
Last June, we cheered when President Obama created an Ocean Policy Task Force to develop the first ever national policy for our oceans, coasts and Great Lakes. From August through November the Task Force hosted six public hearings around the nation to gather public input.
The Task Force's final report to the President should be submitted near the end of this month, and to make our voices heard, a group of ocean conservation organizations has organized Wear Blue day next Wednesday, Jan. 13.
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014