Blog Tags: West Antarctic Ice Sheet
A section of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet has declined to a point that’s irreversible, two groups of NASA scientists reported last week. As NASA’s narration explains below, six glaciers in particular are rapidly melting into the Amundsen Sea, and there are no barriers like mountains or hills to halt this retreat. Scientists point to climate change and warmer ocean temperatures as causes.
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014