Blog Tags: West Antarctic Ice Sheet
A section of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet has declined to a point that’s irreversible, two groups of NASA scientists reported last week. As NASA’s narration explains below, six glaciers in particular are rapidly melting into the Amundsen Sea, and there are no barriers like mountains or hills to halt this retreat. Scientists point to climate change and warmer ocean temperatures as causes.
- Oceana Magazine Supporter Spotlight: Jean-Cristophe Vie Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Photos, Video: Oceana Wraps Up Canary Islands Expedition after Discovering Vast Biodiversity Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- CEO Note: Wyss Foundation Paves the Way for Oceana to Rebuild Fisheries in Peru, Canada Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Sea Turtle Nesting in Florida Sees Steady Increase, 2014 Could Be Hottest on Record, and More Posted Tue, October 21, 2014