Blog Tags: West Antarctic Ice Sheet
A section of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet has declined to a point that’s irreversible, two groups of NASA scientists reported last week. As NASA’s narration explains below, six glaciers in particular are rapidly melting into the Amundsen Sea, and there are no barriers like mountains or hills to halt this retreat. Scientists point to climate change and warmer ocean temperatures as causes.
- Conservation Groups Plan Lawsuit to Protect Sperm Whales Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Leatherback Sea Turtle Rescued from Fishing Gear Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014